[rt-users] Debian/Linux: [error] Unknown exception abbreviation 'compilation_error' at /usr/share/perl5/HTML/Mason/Exceptions.pm line 91

Harald Wagener hwagener at hamburg.fcb.com
Thu Oct 9 03:58:11 EDT 2003

Simon J. Hernandez wrote:

> I may be able to only address part of your problem.
>
>I just completed an initial installation on a Debian testing/unstable
>system (2.4.21-5-686-smp).  When I went the apt-get route, I clearly noted
>that the install was incomplete, with several essential components missing
>(namely most of /opt/rt3).

This is untrue. What the request-tracker3  package does to puzzle old
time users though, is fitting rt3 into the FHS. So, we have
configuration data in /etc/request-tracker3, the standard components in
/usr/share/request-tracker3, and local stuff is in
/usr/local/share/request-tracker3.  Also note that the 'request-tracker'
package is not the 'request-tracker3' package. Also, the
'request-tracker3' package is only available for debian/unstable.

The request-tracker3 package also has the right set of dependencies. I
did not need to install anything besides mysql4, but that is pecause the
debian package defaults to postgresql.

Regards,
    Harald