[rt-users] rt-mailgate chokes on multi-line email subject headers

Ross Patterson Ross.Patterson at CatchFS.Com
Thu Oct 9 10:37:25 EDT 2003

On Thursday 09 October 2003 09:34 am, wvd at cequrux.com wrote:
> After some testing with a troublesome email I have determined that
> rt-mailgate chockes when the Subject line contains a newline. I dont know
> if any email RFCs actually allows Subject lines with newlines but we
> received a support request from a client which had this issue.

Yes, it's legal.  It's even the example used to illustrate folding in RFC 2822
(sec. 2.2.3, "Long Header Fields"):

	For example, the header field:

		Subject: This is a test

	can be represented as: