[rt-users] No permission to create tickets - Can I Disable this?

Michael S. Liebman m-liebman at northwestern.edu
Thu Oct 9 23:20:16 EDT 2003

At 03:24 PM 10/9/2003, Brett Thorson wrote:
>I have setup my RT so that it only accepts mail from certain people.
>(Everyone has no rights, specific users do have rights, etc..)
>
>So when unapproved addresses send mail to RT (Spam or otherwise) they get the
>typical "No permission / Ticket creation failed" message.  (Which also
>contains the site admin e-mail).
[snip happens]
>How do I disable this auto-reply?

I believe most people have done this by filtering unwanted messages prior
to the message reaching rt-mailgate. You'd have the added step of having to
write a recipe to accomplish this, in addition to setting permissions.
Peruse the archives for plenty of explanations on using procmail for
filtering prior to rt-mailgate processing.

Michael

Michael S. Liebman                      m-liebman at northwestern.edu
                  http://msl521.freeshell.org/
"I have vision and the rest of the world wears bifocals."
        -Paul Newman in "Butch Cassidy & the Sundance Kid"