[rt-users] User password processing

Mike Frazer Michael.Frazer at InterCept.Net
Tue Oct 14 16:54:06 EDT 2003

Where in the RT3 code is user password processing/checking performed?  Or
better yet, what routine is used to create the hash for checking a password
against the contents of the user record in the database?  I need to prepare
an automated script to check passwords but I need to be able to figure out
what routine is used for comparison.  I assume from the contents of the user
table that the password is stored as a one-way hash (MD5 didn't work for me,
nor did Perl's crypt() function).

Thanks.

Mike Frazer