[rt-users] Attachment truncated inside ticket

Phil Homewood pdh at snapgear.com
Wed Oct 15 06:19:46 EDT 2003

Francesca Del Corso wrote:
> Inside RT_SiteConfig.pm file I set :
> Set($TruncateLongAttachments , 1);
> Set($DropLongAttachments , 1);

So, do you want to truncate long attachments, or drop them?

> May be it's a problem with mysql parameters, how can I tuning my DBMS ?

mysql.com has excellent configuration documentation.
The max_allowed_packet parameter is the one you want in this case.
Though I doubt it's the cause of your problem; the default is
usually around the 1Mb mark. I've not heard of this problem
under anything but RedHat-supplied broken mod_perl2 packages.
--
Phil Homewood, Systems Janitor, http://www.SnapGear.com
pdh at snapgear.com Ph: +61 7 3435 2810 Fx: +61 7 3891 3630