[rt-users] Custom Header for loop prevention

Mike Patterson mikep at uclink.berkeley.edu
Thu Oct 16 19:19:01 EDT 2003

What value in this custom header: "X-RT-Loop-Prevention" will make RT
not respond with email?
Do I need to modify Scrips to make it X-RT-Loop-Prevention aware?

Situation: our email client messes up RT custom headers.
I didn't have much luck messing around with
/pathtort3/lib/RT/Interface/Email.pm or /pathtort3/lib/RT/EmailParser.pm

It occured to me that I could use procmail to identify offending subject
lines "out of office", and use formail to insert a X-RT-Loop-Prevention
Header value.
before passing it on to rt-mailgate.  (simply sending it to a different
queue in mailgate isn't sufficient on correspondence/comments because it
takes actions on which queue the existing ticket is already in).

Another possibility would be "Custom Conditions in Scrips" which appear
to be new to the 3.x series.
Does anyone have any tips/examples of using custom conditions in scrips
(e.g. to not send email if Subject~=Out of Office).

Thanks,
Mike