[rt-users] RT-Postfix

Leon Sonntag leon at iwa-solutions.com
Tue Oct 21 13:32:48 EDT 2003

anybody here using Postfix as a local delivery agent? Is there any specific
setting in the main.cf that I need to check.  I have already setup the
aliases as shown in the "draft manual".
I have gone through the "draft manual", looked through the Perldoc writeup,
and searched online.  Found nothing.
I am unable to get my mail gate way to work.  When I turn on debugging and
look in my log, I get:

Oct 21 11:19:18 iwapps4 postfix/local[12828]: 550FB3F75:
to=<rt at iwapps4.iwapps.com>, relay=local, delay=5, status=deferred
(temporary failure. Command output: Connecting to
http://rt.iwapps.com//REST/1.0/NoAuth/mail-gateway at
/opt/rt3/bin/rt-mailgate line 444, <> chunk 1. temporary failure RT server
error.  The RT server which handled your email did not behave as expected.
It said:  temporary failure  )

Most anything is easy after you've done it successfully a few times

Leon Sonntag
Innovative Web Applications
leon at iwa-solutions dot com