[rt-users] Quick Ticket Queue?

Ruslan U. Zakirov cubic at acronis.ru
Wed Oct 22 07:25:04 EDT 2003

James Harrison wrote:
> RT List,
>
> We are just beginning to implement a helpdesk at our company.  We are
> evaluating several tools, but RT seems to be leading the pack at the
> moment.
>
> I'm a newbie to RT so maybe there is an easy way to do this with scrips,
> but I'm just now getting into the guts of RT and would like to leverage
> the list's experience.
>
> We have a helpdesk admin that comes from a shop that had a helpdesk app
> that had the concept of a "Quick Ticket".  Basically we want to create
> tickets to track redundant simple issues like password resets.  I've
> created a queue with a custom field for type, ie "Password Reset".  We'd
> like for a new ticket in this queue to be have an owner automatically
> selected and be "resolved" as it is opened.  This way our helpdesk
> person simply has to create a new ticket in the queue, select the
> appropriate type from the custom field and click submit.  The issue is
> recorded and resolved in one step.
As I've understand you want to assign default owner for all new tickets
in your queue.

You could do it with script:
condition: OnCreate
action: user defined
action prep:
return 1;
action commit:
my $u = RT::User->new($RT::SystemUser);
my $email = 'foo at bar.com';
$u->LoadByEmail($email);
die "No user with email '$email'!" unless $u->id;
my ($status, $msg) = $self->TicketObj->SetOwner($u->id);
die $msg unless ($status);
return 1;