[rt-users] Users with multiple e-mail addresses, and their ACL rights

Victor Danilchenko danilche at cs.umass.edu
Thu Oct 23 16:17:43 EDT 2003

	Hi,

	We have an RT installation that is configured to allow everyone
to create tickets, but only requesters and CCs to correspond on tickets.
This creates an interesting problem; people with multiple e-mail
addresses often end up having their correspondence rejected, because
they created the ticket from one mail address but responded to the
followup message from another address. has anyone grappled with this
problem?

	I can think of two possible solutions to this problem, but both
are structurally heavy in terms of the changes they would entail:

1) Allow e-mail aliases for a given account; so when a mail comes from
  one of th known aliases, it would be created under the said account.

2) Allow for a specific type of linking between account that would
   indicate equivalency (or equivalently, add extra roles -- 'member of
   requester's group' and 'member of CC's group' where the said
   privilege-propagating group would be selected in the user account
   settings).

	Has anyone a better solution, perhaps one that can be
implemented in RT as-is and that doesn't involve letting anyone reply to
any tickets?

--
| danilche at cs.umass.edu | With a GUI, what you see is what you get! |
|   CSCF   |   5-4231   | With a GUI, what you see is ALL you get!  |