[rt-users] HTML Email and RT 3.0.6

Ruslan U. Zakirov cubic at acronis.ru
Fri Oct 24 04:10:22 EDT 2003

jflanders at burrelles.com wrote:
	Helo.
> Thanks for the prior responses about my problem with RT not showing
> the body of an email in the ticket, it turns out it was indeed because
> the email was HTML and not text. I tried Cubic idea first installed
> HTML::Scrubber and edited the ShowTransaction file adding the lines
Sorry for ignorance. I'll fis issue with <head> tag, but I slightly
don't understand what you want. My patch only scrub html to show it in
history page. This soluton was enought for us.

[snip]

> Also it has a This Transaction Has No Content in the replies to the
> Admin CC and requester where the plain text email had the body.  Any
> ideas.. if not I’m going to try jwlia's idea of the external stripper
> demime.
Hm. It's really good approach I didn't think about it. If you setup such
thing then could you report us small FAQ, article, step-by-step.

> Also when I use {$Transaction->Content()} in a template for a scrip
> that is used when the owner is changed it won't include the body just
> 'This Transaction Has No Content' my guess is an owner change doesn't
> cause the Transaction->Content to be invoked.  Is there another way to
> get the body of the ticket to print?  I want the new owner of the
> ticket to know what its about without having to log into RT.
Yes you are right that changing of owner don't have content and default
Templates don't have example that forms ticket content. You have to do
it yourself.
Look through archive somebody post template that stick first message to
the email.
		Good luck. Ruslan.