[rt-users] Friendly Email Name??

Sean Perry sean.perry at intransa.com
Fri Oct 24 15:14:05 EDT 2003

Stevo wrote:

> Hey Team,
>
> How can I make the name on the From: field in emails that get generated by
> RT more friendly?  Right now the email header look like this:

from RT_Config.pm (which I copied to RT_SiteConfig.pm):

# By default, RT sets the outgoing mail's "From:" header to
# "SenderName via RT".  Setting this option to 0 disables it.

Set($UseFriendlyFromLine , 1);

# sprintf() format of the friendly 'From:' header; its arguments
# are SenderName and SenderEmailAddress.
Set($FriendlyFromLineFormat , "\"Helpdesk Response from %s\" <%s>");