[rt-users] extreme slowness on new request-tracker installation

Isaac Jones isaac.jones at aetion.com
Mon Oct 27 10:58:06 EST 2003

Greetings,

Trying to use RT for the first time and I'm having trouble getting it to
run on Debian.  I have an unholy mix of "stable" and "testing" so that
might be the problem right off the bat.

The symptom is that, though it looks to be actually running, it runs
very slowly and takes up all of the computer's resources.  It starts
being very slow as soon as I restart apache.  By very slow, I mean it
does things on the order of minutes: I can't load any web pages on our
server for several minutes, and I can't log in to rt as root even after
many minutes (though it does reject a bad login after only a few
minutes).  This is a fresh installation of postgres too, no huge
database to worry about.

About versions: I have:
- request tracker 2.0.14
- postgres 7.2.1

Versions of packages request-tracker depends on:
ii  apache [httpd]                1.3.27.0-2 Versatile, high-performance
HTTP s
ii  libapache-dbi-perl            0.89-1.1   Connect apache server to
database
ii  libapache-mod-perl            1.27-4     Integration of perl with
the Apach
ii  libapache-request-perl        1.1-0.1    Generic Apache Request
Library
ii  libapache-session-perl        1.54-1     Perl modules for keeping
persisten
ii  libdate-manip-perl            5.40-1     a perl library for
manipulating da
ii  libdbd-mysql-perl             2.1027-1   A Perl5 database interface
to the
ii  libdbd-pg-perl                1.22-2     a PostgreSQL interface for
Perl 5
ii  libdbix-datasource-perl       0.02-3     Database-independent create
and dr
ii  libdbix-dbschema-perl         0.21-1     Database-independent schema
object
ii  libdbix-searchbuilder-perl    0.92-2     Perl extension for easy SQL
SELECT
ii  libfreezethaw-perl            0.41-2     converting Perl structures
to stri
ii  libhtml-mason-perl            1.04-1     HTML::Mason Perl module
ii  liblog-dispatch-perl          1.79-1     Dispatches messages to
multiple Lo
ii  libmime-perl                  5.411-1    Perl5 modules for
MIME-compliant m
ii  libmldbm-perl                 2.00-9     MLDBM perl module
ii  libparams-validate-perl       0.04-1     Validate parameters to Perl
method
ii  libtext-template-perl         1.42-2     Text::Template perl module
ii  libtext-wrapper-perl          1.000-1    Simple word wrapping
routine
ii  libtie-ixhash-perl            1.21-1     ordered associative arrays
for Per
ii  make                          3.79.1-14  The GNU version of the
"make" util
ii  perl [libdigest-md5-perl]     5.8.0-18   Larry Wall's Practical
Extraction
ii  perl-modules [libcgi-pm-perl] 5.8.0-18   Core Perl modules.
ii  wwwconfig-common              0.0.19     Debian web auto
configuration.

thanks.

isaac