[rt-users] rt scalability?

Bob Goldstein bobg at uic.edu
Mon Oct 27 21:47:45 EST 2003

I'm looking at RT3 for use in my organization (Computer Center
in a medium large university).  So far I like what I see,
but I'm curious how large an installation people can run
sensibly.  How about 20k tickets/year, 100 staff, and 5k users?
More?  How much hardware does this take?  Any non-obvious
problems with scaling, e.g. select boxes that become unwieldy, etc?

Rough numbers are fine, but I'd prefer to hear from someone
who has a large installation. If, indeed, the above even
qualifies, there are certainly many companies much larger.

TIA

    Bob Goldstein, University of Illinois at Chicago