[rt-users] RT for bug tracking?

Sean Perry sean.perry at intransa.com
Tue Oct 28 13:46:43 EST 2003

Eric Siegerman wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 24, 2003 at 03:45:26PM -0700, Sean Perry wrote:
>
>>Here are their issues with [RT] as a bug system:
>>* flat hierarchy.  No good way to have groups and then sub-groups.
>

> Hmmm.  RT has subroups of user-defined groups (i.e. ultimately of
> users), and it has the child/parent grouping for tickets.  So I'm
> not sure which sort of object they're talking about as having a
> flat hierarchy.  Could you elaborate?

They are currently using bugzilla and have been for about 2 years.  They
are accustomed to groups of projects with sub-projects.  Makes it easier
to assign the bug to the right place.

System -> subsystemA, subsystemB, etc.

All I could see in RT was the flat queue structure.

>>In the end they felt that RT could be made into the system they wanted
>>or they could just get a system that already did what they wanted.
>

> That's always the dilemma, isn't it?  So, what did they end up
> choosing instead?

They are still using bugzilla but are looking at other alternatives.