[rt-users] Feature Request: More than one email alias for 1 person

Mike Patterson mikep at uclink.berkeley.edu
Wed Oct 29 17:53:02 EST 2003

Not a pressing issue, but it would be nice:

I have a situation where a number of our users have 2 different ways of
having email addressed to them (e.g. js at myuniv.edu and
john.smith at myuniv.edu).

This can lead to mail loops when poorly formatted vacation rules are
used.  (RT correspondence to requestor: js at myuniv.edu -> Vacation
Program -> to RT as john.smith at myuniv.edu -> sends correspondence to
js at myuniv.edu and loop continues).

Also it would be nice to look up all the tickets from that one user,
despite them having more than one email addresss.

I'd like to be able to "merge users", by having an"EffectiveId" Column,
similar to what you can do with Tickets so that emails coming from any
of those email addresses are treated as coming from 1 email address.