[rt-users] Advice for install on RH 7.3

John Schubert jschubert at linearcorp.com
Thu Oct 30 14:12:53 EST 2003

Just asking for advice before I install anything.  I had
posted to the list about RH8 problems, and I could never
get the OS to make mod_perl1, Apache1 and MySQL play
together.  So I just installed a complete (all packages)
version of RH 7.3 as a "server".

Before I get started, should I recompile apache with MySQL?
Or just install it as a stand alone?  Is (or Are) there any
other things I need to install or modify on my "virgin" RH
7.3 box before attempting to install RT?

I have read the fine RT manual, but since I've wasted the
last 4 weeks trying to get RH8 to work I'm wanting to avoid
any further problems.  I'm at the point I'm almost willing
to buy a Sun machine and donate it to work.  Any advice
will be greatly appreciated.

John Schubert