[rt-users] postgres slowdowns? (pg 7.3.4, rt 3.0.4)

wesley.sheldahl at ihigh.com wesley.sheldahl at ihigh.com
Thu Sep 11 13:42:50 EDT 2003

The thing to remember is that Postgresql's settings are extremely
conservative, i.e. low, to start with. The rationale is that they want
anyone to be able to get postgresql at least running immediately, even on
very limited hardware.

I know shared_buffers is one of the main variables you'll want to increase
dramatically; I would search for that on the postgresql users mailing list;
the subject has been discussed extensively there.

--
Wes Sheldahl
iHigh NetOps