[rt-users] Resolve approvals

RT RT at InterCept.Net
Thu Sep 11 15:10:06 EDT 2003

Change your approval template that you created to

Depended-On-By: TOP

Michael

-----Original Message-----
From: Miro Jurisic [mailto:meeroh at mit.edu]
Posted At: Thursday, September 11, 2003 2:39 PM
Posted To: RT
Conversation: [rt-users] Resolve approvals
Subject: Re: [rt-users] Resolve approvals

At 2:03 PM +0800 9/6/2003, Autrijus Tang wrote:
>çð ??, 2003-09-06 13:43, Miro Jurisic õçì¼ÅF
>>  I'd like to require approval before a ticket can be resolved.
>>  Ideally, the way this would work is that X tries to resolve a ticket,
>>  Y gets notified, Y approves, ticket is resolved without further input
>>  from X. However, it is not obvious to me how to do this, since when I
>>  add a CreateTicket action with an on Resolve trigger, the Resolve is
>>  completed in addition to the approval ticket being generated. What
>>  can I do?
>
>You want to use the 'code' ticket feature to auto-resolve it.
>
>First, set $RT::UseCodeTickets to a true value.
>
>Next, set up an approval stage thus:
>
>	Type: code
>	Content:
>         $TOP->SetStatus(
>             Status      => 'resolved',
>             Force       => 1,
>         );
>         return 1;
>	ENDOFCONTENT
>
>And it should magically work.

Now that I see what UseCodeTickets is for, you
seem to be solving the wrong half of my problem.
My problem is not (yet) that I don't know how to
resolve the original ticket from the approval
ticket. My problem is that even though the
resolve approval is in place, when I click on
"resolve" for the original ticket, while the
approval ticket is create as a dependency of the
original ticket, the original ticket is resolved
regardless. This is not what I want -- I want the
resolution of the original ticket to _fail_
(until the approval completes).

Hints?

meeroh
--