[rt-users] RT2: OnCorrespondence AutoResolve?

Scott A. McIntyre scott at xs4all.net
Fri Sep 12 09:16:43 EDT 2003

Hi,

Part of our rt-2 user community (yes yes, we're trying to migrate to rt3
soon) would like to have their queue setup in such a way that any
correspondence/replies they generate to a ticket will reset the ticket
status to 'resolved'.

They do not have any OnResolve conditions, and they don't use the command
line or web interface much; their use is limited to email and will only use
the interface to specifically query for tickets on an as-needed basis for
historical archive purposes only.

I tried modifying the OpenTicket contribution to perform essentially the
same action, but I fear that there's a precedence problem I can't get
around.  There are three scrip actions for the queue:

OnCreate NotifyAllWatchers with template Transaction
OnCorrespond NotifyAllWatchers with template Correspondence
OnCorrespond ResolveTicket with template Blank

The order of these doesn't seem to matter on behaviour.

What happens however is:

Fri Sep 12 15:04:37 2003  Ticket created
Fri Sep 12 15:05:57 2003  RT_System - Status changed from resolved to open
Fri Sep 12 15:05:57 2003  RT_System - Status changed from new to resolved
Fri Sep 12 15:05:57 2003  scott - Correspondence added

The first entry was the Create, which did the right thing.  The third entry
was the resolve-on-correspondence, but then the correspondence went out,
which changed the status from resolved to open again.  The log entries all
have the same timestamp, as can be seen.

Is there a solution for this short of modifying RT not to have the "open
ticket on correspondence" behaviour for one queue only (which probably will
be a bit of a headache to implement).

Thanks for any thoughts,

Scott