[rt-users] changing the RT at a glance homepage

Ruslan U. Zakirov cubic at acronis.ru
Tue Sep 16 08:29:19 EDT 2003

Chris Hall wrote:

>Hi,
>
>is there a guide or some help on how to customise the home page for RT?
>
>Id like to add more columns to the display for things like "all new
>tickets" "all new/open tickets in queue x", that sort of thing.
>
>If anyone could point me to the file that needs modifying or some guide
>about it I could probably work it out from there...

/path/to/rt3/share/html/index.html - it's RT home page wrote in Mason style
You could copy it to /path/to/rt3/local/html/  and change like you want.
This page also include some elements(mason components) you could also
copy them in local/html directory with saving of subfolders structure.

All DB interactions in RT go through DBIx::SearchBuilder API but it
incapsulated in RT::* classes which are inherited from(not directly).
index.html and Elements which are included in it - it's good point to
start from.
Each *.pm file under /path/to/rt3/lib dir have not bad POD documentaton.
         Good luck. Ruslan.