[rt-users] DESC SortOrder of Tickets in /Search/Listing.html

Joseph Spenner joseph85750 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 16 09:24:36 EDT 2003

The changes to make them sort in DESC order (from what
I can tell) are in 2 places:

/opt/rt2/WebRT/html/Elements/SelectSortOrder
/opt/rt2/WebRT/html/Elements/Quicksearch

In SelectSortOrder:
swap current DESC with ASC, and change order of
Descending Ascending in the following:
my @order_names = qw (Descending Ascending);
This simply makes the default page come up with the
new default values.

In Quicksearch:
Modify this line to contain the
&TicketsSortBy=id
and
TicketsSortOrder=DESC
<TR><TD><A HREF="<%
$RT::WebPath%>/Search/Listing.html?ValueOfStatus=open&ValueOfStatus=new&StatusOp=%3D&QueueOp=%3D&ValueOfQueue=<%$queue->Id%>&TicketsSortBy=id&TicketsSortOrder=DESC&RowsPerPage=50&NewSearch=1"><%$queue->Name%></a></TD>

cheers

--- Stefan Seiz <TalkLists at index-s.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> this might be a faq, but i have searched the
> list-archive for an hour now
> and haven't been able to find any useful info on how
> to modify RT to SORT
> Tickets in /Search/Listing.html DESCENDING
> (newest/highest id on top) by
> default.
>
> How can this be done?
>
> Thanks for any pointers.
> --
> Stefan Seiz <http://www.StefanSeiz.com>
> Spamto: <bin at imd.net>

> Have you read the FAQ? The RT FAQ Manager lives at
http://fsck.com/rtfm

=====
"I'm the Commander, see ... I do not need to explain why I say things.  That's the interesting thing about being the President ... [I] don't feel like I owe anybody an explanation."  -- President George W. Bush to the National Security Council