[rt-users] NO Incoming mail

RT RT at InterCept.Net
Thu Sep 18 18:54:32 EDT 2003

Whats the actual sendmail error? Connection refused due to relay denied?
No such user? Etc etc. you really only have to change sendmail if you
secured it or change it from it's default configs.

Michael

-----Original Message-----
From: Hodge, Jeff F (ECIII) [mailto:Jeff.Hodge at yuma.army.mil]
Posted At: Thursday, September 18, 2003 6:01 PM
Posted To: RT
Conversation: [rt-users] NO Incoming mail
Subject: RE: [rt-users] NO Incoming mail

>Did you setup /etc/aliases?
/etc/alias:
# rt mail gateway setup
rt: "|/opt/rt3/bin/rt-mailgate --queue general --action correspond --url
http://rt_url.com/ <http://rt_url.com/>
>And restart sendmail
yes

>Does your sendmail server even receive the e-mail?
doesn't appear to be recieve mail sent directly to the server
What file adjusts sendmail settings?

>What does it say in the /var/log/maillog when you send an e-mail to the
server?
Actualy called [/var/log/mail]
ah, I'm getting connection refused errors...
If I send an email from the server (pine) it sends.  The replay to this
address doesn't work, but it doesn't bounce either.