[rt-users] mail-body encoding, can't use letters that's in iso-8859-1

Realhost I/S - Rene Brask Sørensen rene at realhost.dk
Fri Sep 19 11:44:53 EDT 2003

Ruslan U. Zakirov wrote:

>    Hello.
> As I've understood RT3 store everything in UTF8 encoding in DB, but
> could generate mails in other Encoding.
> Thus you have to change default encoding in httpd.conf to
> AddDefaultCharset UTF-8...
>    Hopes this helps...

Ahh ok, did'nt know that. But then rt have to translate everything all
the time.

What I don't understand is why you wan't me to change default charset i
apache to utf8. I would like rt to display letters in iso-8859-1
charset. Maybee I'm misunderstanding something here, but it would seem
intuitive to set  "AddDefaultCharset ISO-8859-1".

Best regards

Rene brask