[rt-users] Extended Workflow in RT3

Steven L. Jellin sjellin at elcb.co.za
Mon Sep 22 10:11:19 EDT 2003

Hi All,
	I have just started looking into RT3 as a possible request tracking system
where I work.
	(Background: testing on a freebsd 4.8 box with postgres and currently
RT3.0.4).

	Is the following scenario feasible in RT3, or should I look elsewhere /
write something specific :
	Scenario:
		Client(staff) make a request (I figure this could go to
[client-name][incoming queue]
		Client(manager) must aprove this request (I have managed to get basic
approvals working) (he will become owner) (client wants us to manage his
internal process too.

		We could have smaller clients that just submit straight into the support
queue. (i.e. Client(staff) and Client(manager) same person) - I suspect it
might be acceptable for simplicity sake to make this the same as above.

		Then if request is approved it goes to support-department-queue .. where
it is AGAIN approved / rejected (this time by support manager).
		If it is approved the support manager will either pass it to one of his
own staff (assign to)(say they needed an explanation on something) OR pass
it onto the programming department.

		Irrespective of whether it is handled by support or programming, a support
person must be assigned to look after the ticket from our side.

		In the case of it being assigned to the programming department.. the
programming department manager assigns it to a subordinate.	The request can
then bounce between programming and support (various test cycles / getting
more information etc). I.e. ProgrammerA -> move back to support queue,
SupportB notified ... fail -> back to ProgrammerA etc.

		And FINALLY back to the client(manager).

		Add to this, multiple products (so mulitple sets of queues). (Generally
client only uses one product).

		Any suggestions / help would be much appreciated.  I know this is
complicated, but unfortunately the above is being insisted apon.

S.L. Jellin BCom(Hons)(Rhodes)
ELCB Information Services
--
4a St Patricks Road         Tel: +27 (0) 43 722-0757
Belgravia		          Fax: +27 (0) 43 722-0846

The information transmitted in this message is intended only for the person
or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or
privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of,
or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities
other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received  this message in error,
please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.