[rt-users] Good Instruction for RT3 + Apache2 + FastCGI + MYSQL

Rommie request_tracker at acerhomes.com
Tue Sep 23 11:21:20 EDT 2003

I just want to post these solutions (I got from different mailing lists) I
encoutered during my installation.

-------------------------------
FastCGI + Apache2

Since I used Apache2 RPM, you need to change the Makefile of FastCGI from
tarball before you compile.

top_dir      = /usr/lib/httpd
INCLUDES=-I/usr/include/httpd

--------------------------------
Digest::MD5

Checking if your kit is complete...
> Looks good
> Writing Makefile for Digest::MD5
> Makefile:83: *** missing separator.  Stop.
>   /usr/bin/make  -- NOT OK

Before using the perl shell, run the following commands as root:

# cd /etc/sysconfig
# cp i18n i18n-orig
# sed 's/LANG=.*/LANG="en_US"/' i18n-orig > i18n
# . i18n

I hope this will help..

---rommie