[rt-users] Good Instruction for RT3 + Apache2 + FastCGI + MYSQL

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Fri Sep 26 02:20:12 EDT 2003

>From: "Rommie" <request_tracker at acerhomes.com>
> Yes. Its working.
>
> [root at server2 rt-3-0-5]# psql -U postgres template1
> Welcome to psql 7.3.2, the PostgreSQL interactive terminal.

In the RedHat default setup postmaster only listens on local
unix domain sockets.  Psql uses them but perl/DBI needs
tcp sockets even for local connections.   You need to edit
/var/lib/pgsql/data/postgresql.conf and set
tcpip_socket = true, then restart postgresql.  You will also
have to set the authentication mode in
/var/lib/pgsql/data/pg_hba.conf.   A line like:
host  all  all   127.0.0.1  255.255.255.255   trust
will let anything work for testing but you'll want to change
it from trust to password as soon as you can.

However, I've done all that, updated to postgresql 7.3.4 and
got the basics working but it still takes about a minute and a
half for the first screen to come up after importing the 13,000
tickets from an rt2/mysql system that is fairly fast.  (And I
did do a vacuum analyze after the import.)  I thought
at first it was from using perl 5.6.1 on a RH7.3 system but have
repeated the setup on RH9 with approximately the same results.
I haven't had time to try switching to mysql yet.

---
   Les Mikesell
     les at futuresource.com