[rt-users] Problems upgrading to 3.0.5

Mark D. Nagel mnagel at willingminds.com
Sat Sep 27 16:44:44 EDT 2003

Andy Smith wrote:

>After just upgrading RT from 3.0.4 to 3.0.5 via FreeBSD port I now
>am also getting this exact same error whenever rt-mailgate is used.
>Web UI seems to work fine though.

This is due to an HTML::Mason object cache problem.  The datestamp on
the upgraded file does not trigger a rebuild of the cached generated
code.  To fix, clear out the Mason object cache, or at least this
particular file.  For example:

rm /opt/rt3/var/mason_data/obj/standard/REST/1.0/NoAuth/mail-gateway

Another way would be to touch the mail-gateway file (not the cached
object, the original one). I don't believe you need to restart Apache,
but it couldn't hurt to do so after this removal in case things still
don't work as expected. I also made absolutely sure that no other cached
object files remained around to cause trouble by using find to remove
anything older than the timestamp on the newest batch of object files.
You could probably clear the whole thing safely, since Mason will
repopulate them as needed.

Mark

--
Mark D. Nagel, CCIE #3177 <mnagel at willingminds.com>