[rt-users] RT and Apache 2

Mike Jett jettmlists at clgw.net
Mon Sep 29 11:36:30 EDT 2003

What's the status of RT and Apache 2?  I am running that combination on
a RH8 box and have the problem that has been discussed at length here
with Constants.pm.  The resolution I always see is to use Apache 1 and
modperl 1.

I really hate to say this, but I don't think Apache 2 is going away.  I
also don't think RT has enough of a user base to change the development
direction of Apache or ModPerl.  It would seem to me that we should be
addressing the issue and trying to move to current on Apache and
ModPerl.

I would be glad to do whatever as far as testing, etc., but I'm not a
perl programmer.  I would also really like to get off Bugzilla onto a
more feature rich RT, but it will be running on Apache 2/RH8.  When I
can do that, I'll move.

Thanks

MJ