[rt-users] More Debugging (was First time install - can't login)

Walt Reed rt at linuxguy.com
Mon Sep 29 13:33:10 EDT 2003

On Fri, Sep 26, 2003 at 03:07:08PM -0400, Walt Reed said:
> On Fri, Sep 26, 2003 at 01:34:19PM -0400, Walt Reed said:
> > On Fri, Sep 26, 2003 at 09:25:35AM -0400, Walt Reed said:
> > > I installed RT (3.0.6) for the first time on RedHat 8, Mysql 4.0.14, modperl1,
> > > etc. The configure and setup went flawless.
> > >
> > > Only problem: can't login to the system with "root" and the default
> > > password of "password". It just returns me to the login screen.
> > >
> > > I don't get any error messages in any log files (apache, syslog, or the
> > > RT log file)
> It seems that in "autohandler", the values for $user and $pass are Never
> set.

Someone gave me a suggestion offlist to change the POST to a GET, but
that didn't help either.

More info about my environment: mod_perl 1.28 compiled in (NOT a DS0)
apache 1.3.28, perl 5.8.0

I added a loop to dump %ARGS at the head of autohandler, and it's always empty.
SOMETHING seems to be broken somewhere.

The mason environment works fine with another application. In fact,
Mason / mod_perl fans can check out http://www.knowledgeplex.org/, it's
a fully dynamic site based on mod_perl, mason, mysql, on linux.