[rt-users] More Debugging (was First time install - can't login)

Bruce Segal bsegal at DECARIE.COM
Fri Sep 26 16:27:25 EDT 2003

Autohandlers are part of the Mason component inheritance chain. As a newbie I'm definitely not one to try to explain it, but the Mason book does. (www.masonbook.com)

The basic idea is that Mason looks in the current directory for "autohandler" and then in higher level directories until one is found. This is 'wrapped' around the component and can be used for common items such as content sharing, initialization, filtering. Very simplistic explanation for a powerful concept.