[rt-users] Complete success (was First time install - can't login)

Walt Reed rt at linuxguy.com
Tue Sep 30 05:47:08 EDT 2003

On Mon, Sep 29, 2003 at 03:28:51PM -0400, Walt Reed said:
> On Mon, Sep 29, 2003 at 01:33:10PM -0400, Walt Reed said:

> > > It seems that in "autohandler", the values for $user and $pass are Never
> > > set.
> >
> > I added a loop to dump %ARGS at the head of autohandler, and it's always empty.
> > SOMETHING seems to be broken somewhere.
>
> In lib/RT/Interface/Web.pm it was setting args_method to "CGI" instead
> of "mod_perl".  I don't know why.  But since we have mod_perl installed
> and working, changing this made it work ok.  This variable
> determines how Mason will try to parse arguments from the environment.
>
> However, this is only a partial fix. It now allows me to login, but
> requires a login for every page. It doesn't seem to remember the login
> during a session.

OK, I solved this problem. There is a bug is cookie handling, possibly
related to changing the argument method from CGI to mod_perl.

In: share/html/Elements/SetupSessionCookie, change the line near the top
of the file that reads:
my %cookies = CGI::Cookie->fetch();
to:
my %cookies = parse CGI::Cookie($r->header_in('Cookie'));

Hopefully this helps the next person who runs into this problem.

The RT faq could use some help, and the install docs are pretty weak.