[rt-users] Re: Argh! Not Complete success (was First time install - can't login)

Walt Reed rt at linuxguy.com
Tue Sep 30 06:21:52 EDT 2003

On Tue, Sep 30, 2003 at 05:47:08AM -0400, Walt Reed said:

> > > I added a loop to dump %ARGS at the head of autohandler, and it's always empty.
> > > SOMETHING seems to be broken somewhere.
> >
> > In lib/RT/Interface/Web.pm it was setting args_method to "CGI" instead
> > of "mod_perl".  I don't know why.  But since we have mod_perl installed
> > and working, changing this made it work ok.  This variable
> > determines how Mason will try to parse arguments from the environment.
> >
> > However, this is only a partial fix. It now allows me to login, but
> > requires a login for every page. It doesn't seem to remember the login
> > during a session.

OK, I found out that other parts of the code REQUIRE args_method to be
CGI and NOT mod_perl. The problem seems to be that the CGI object is not
getting initialized properly, so none of the setups for cookies,
arguments, or anything is getting done. Can someone familiar with the
code please clue me in on where that is done??