[rt-users] rt-mailgate couldn't find the queue when run by sendmail

phillip phillip at reportstar.net
Thu Apr 8 03:52:17 EDT 2004

On Wednesday 07 April 2004 07:12 pm, Alex wrote:
> >No idea, then. Enable some debugging logs in your RT config
> >and see if that sheds any light?
>
> You mean, like in RT_SiteConfig.pm:
>
>     Set($LogToFile      , 'debug')
>
> ? The logging works, but nothing gets logged in this case.
>
> >Incidentally, your test:
> >
> >   [root at corona root]#* sudo -u mail cat /tmp/testopen1 |
> >   /opt/rt3/bin/rt-mailgate --debug --queue General --action correspond
> >   --url http://localhost***
> >
> >isn't doing quite what you think it is (I think) -- the "cat" is
> >running as user "mail", but rt-mailgate is running as root. That
> >_shouldn't_ be related to the problem you're seeing, however....
>
> Thanks for the tip. Will that do?
>
>     # sudo -u mail /opt/rt3/bin/rt-mailgate --debug --queue General
>     --action correspond --url http://localhost/ < /tmp/testopen1
>     Connecting to http://localhost//REST/1.0/NoAuth/mail-gateway at
>     /opt/rt3/bin/rt-mailgate line 444, <> chunk 1.
>     ok
>     Ticket: 24
>     Queue: General
>     Owner: Nobody
>
> In the meantime I am trying to see if I can get going using fetchmail.
>
> Phil Homewood wrote:
> >[Please don't copy me on replies. I do read the list...]
> >
> >Alex wrote:
> >>   rt-general: "|/opt/rt3/bin/rt-mailgate --queue General --action
> >>   correspond --url http://localhost/"
Shouldn't your aliases by this way?

rt: "|/opt/rt3/bin/rt-mailgate --queue General --action   correspond --url
http://localhost/"
 rt-comment: "|/opt/rt3/bin/rt-mailgate --queue General --action comment --url
http://localhost/"

this will mean that any e-mail for rt should be directed to the General queue,
cause what u have says that you have a queue named rt-general-internal and
any e-mail for that queue should be directed to the general queue.

I don't know if this will help but thats how i understand the aliases to work
maybe I'm wrong!!

let me know if this helps!!