[Rt-users] Custom Statuses

Dave Dennis dmd at speakeasy.org
Thu Apr 15 15:53:38 EDT 2004

Sorry -- see previous mails.

Configurable end-game just means, instead of locked into
"new/open/stalled/resolved/dead/deleted"

you get to put things like

"sold" or "sent brochure" or "check cleared" or whatever
as either subsets of or replacements for the ubiquitous
and not-detailed-enough "resolved" as a ticket end-condition.

Leaving tickets open / shuffling queues around is OK, but
launches into other issues, like queue growth or constantly
needing to mod one's searches in order to screen out the
"resolved this way" versus "resolved that way" scenarios.

Am I barking uselessly with a bad workflow model or does
that help explain and there's merit?  I've looked at how
we use RT and have made some adjustments, but this one
just doesn't seem to have a good solution.  Custom fields
don't show up on the resolve-ticket screens, and therein
lies a lot of the problem.

+ Dave Dennis
+ Seattle, WA
+ dmd at speakeasy.org