[Rt-users] Trouble with RT creating ticket via email

Jonathan Chen JChen at paymentone.com
Sat Apr 17 12:14:55 EDT 2004

Hello All,

I have a problem where RT is not generating new tickets via email.  I don’t think the problem is with sendmail but it might be.   I can send emails to my root RT RH9 account from my exchange server, but sending to /etc/aliases where you have RT create the ticket.   It seems to not generate any tickets.

I tried…

1) Using pine on RT and sent mail RT-mailgate, RT will create a ticket for me like supposed to.

2)  On my exchange server going to RT it would not create a ticket or give me any hints in terms of where the problem lies.

            a)  attempted sending directly to RT  and I would see a record that exchange did it.   But no ticket created still.

            b)  attempted normal way which is… I have a distribution list  where help at blah.com would go to RT and the other go to another email box for in case RT crashes.   All emails sent to blah.com  goes to exchange itself is fine.   Just going to RT, well don’t know what goings on.   The normal way always worked for me before.   Just failed when I changed ip.

Any ideas how to fix this?   I was thinking of turning on debug mode for Sendmail, but not sure how to that.   Also when I check MS exchange, it says the message has been delivered.

Spec

RT 3.0.10

RH9

MySQL 4.0.16

Jonathan Chen

This electronic mail message contains information belonging to PaymentOne, which may be confidential and/or legal privileged. The information is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, printing, copying, distribution, or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this electronically mailed information is strictly prohibited. If you receive this message in error, please immediately notify us by electronic mail and delete this message.