[rt-users] RT: Permission Denied

Ruslan U. Zakirov cubic at acronis.ru
Mon Apr 19 13:15:00 EDT 2004

Kevin Murphy wrote:
> (I apologize for bringing this up, because I know it has been discussed
> in the past.  But I can't effectively search the list archives with
> google because the files seem to have moved as a result of the intrusion
> episode.  I also haven't found anything helpful in the wiki, manual, or
> rt-mailgate pod.)
>
> When a user replies to a ticket message via email, I'm getting the
> following message in my syslog:
>
> Apr 19 12:43:20 rthost RT: Permission Denied
> (/usr/local/rt3/lib/RT/Interface/Email.pm:718)
>
> For the same event, the mail  log shows this:
>
> Apr 19 12:43:21 rthost sendmail[12868]: i3JGhK6P012867:
> to="|/usr/local/rt3/bin/rt-mailgate --queue feedback\
>  --action correspond --url http://somewhere.com/rt/",
> ctladdr=<feedback at somewhere.com> (1/0), delay=\
> 00:00:01, xdelay=00:00:01, mailer=prog, pri=32239, dsn=2.0.0, stat=Sent
You also can see 'from=user_email' near this.
Permision denied for this user. You must grant Everyone with right
CreateTicket on feedback queue( or global). Also you have to remeber
that if user uses other email address when reply on already created
ticket then RT can also reject email if role 'Everyone' has no right
ReplyToTicket.