[rt-users] question on Privileged users

Alan Barrett apb at cequrux.com
Tue Apr 20 12:32:19 EDT 2004

On Tue, 20 Apr 2004, joe ritter wrote:
> I am new to RT and have question of the role of
> "privileged" users. How is this role inteded to be
> used exactly.

All your staff should be privileged; some staff can have more privileges
than others.  You can configure customers with "let this user access
RT: yes" and "let this user be granted privileges: no", and then they
will be able to use the SelfService interface, where you can allow them
to see their own tickets (by careful choice of what rights you grant to
"Everyone", "Requestor", and "CC" groups).

--apb (Alan Barrett)