[rt-users] RFE for RT

Rick Ellis Richard.Ellis at Sun.COM
Fri Apr 23 03:39:22 EDT 2004

Hi Guys,

I have seen on numerous occasions now, people who have managed to either
stuff up their root access password or remove privileges from the root
user for whatever reason.

As an idea, is it not possibly to set the superuser right for the root
user by default and prevent it being removed through the GUI?

Root password is more difficult to resolve, as you can't give everyone
the right to reset it, but maybe give any account on the system set as
superuser the right to reset the password?

There are probably perfectly good reasons why this hasn't been done
before, but it just seems to make sense to me.

Thanks

Rik

--
Rick Ellis <Richard.Ellis at Sun.COM>