[rt-users] Scripting Ticket Creation

Damian Burke smeed1 at mac.com
Wed Apr 28 13:49:53 EDT 2004

Hi,

Just learning RT, so if this question is answered elsewhere,
please point me to it.

I am writing a way to enter recurring tickets into RT.
Like "Clean the printer" every week.   I run a cron job
that pulls out info from a DB about the tickets that
need to be created that day.

I started out simply inserting a row into Tickets.
I hardcoded EffectiveId to be the same as Id, which
I hope is right.  I then saw I needed to add a row to
Transactions for the create.  When I do this, I can
see the new ticket from the RT interface, But the
Requestor info is not there.  Looking at the DB,
I see Groups. GroupMembers, Principals, and
CachedGroupMembers as likely suspects
for a new row, but I don't see the relationships
between these tables.

So, can anybody tell me what exactly I need to do
to create a new table programatically?  Or point
me to an API for this?

    Thanks,
    Damian