[rt-users] web Interface will only respond to localhost

Leon Sonntag leon at iwa-solutions.com
Thu Apr 29 19:59:45 EDT 2004

Actually I found (after several hours of trying things) was that the IP
alias used by RT had died.  Once I got it restarted everything behaved like
it should.  THNX thou

At 05:52 PM 4/29/04, Paulo Matos wrote:
>On Thu, 29 Apr 2004, Leon Sonntag wrote:
>
> >   This morning I tried setting the other SSL server up on a new IP.  Now
> > the web interface for RT only responds to the localhost IP
> > (127.0.0.1).    I have put all the settings (DNS and Apache) back and the
> > other SSL site comes up just fine.
> >
> > What am I missing?
>
>         At this point, if we don't know what you have, we can't possibly
>know what's missing (attach your apache config ;).
>
>         Wild guesses:
>         - make sure /etc/hosts isn't overlappping your DNS.
>         - are you using Virtual Host based on names? typo?
>
>         Humans, while reading, have the ability to correct typos in the
>middle of words.
>
>--
>         Paulo Matos
>|Sys & Net Admin                    | Serviço de Informática           |
>|Faculdade de Ciências e Tecnologia | Tel: +351-21-2948596             |
>|Universidade Nova de Lisboa        | Fax: +351-21-2948548             |
>|P-2829-516 Caparica                | e-Mail: pjsm at fct.unl.pt          |

Most anything is easy after you've done it successfully a few times

Leon Sonntag
Innovative Web Applications
leon at iwa-solutions dot com