[rt-users] Re: rt-mailgate/apache 404/405 errors

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Sat Aug 7 15:32:21 EDT 2004

On Sat, 2004-08-07 at 12:21, Paul McFerrin wrote:
> I figureed it was a localhost problem but can I configure Apache with a VirtualServer of
> more that one IP address? (127.0.0.1 & 135.7.16.181)

Yes, if you are doing IP based vhosts, just list all IP's involved
in the VirtualHost tag.  If you are doing name based vhosts and
want to tie to all interfaces, use:
NameVirtualHost *:80
and
<VirtualHost *:80>
 ServerName  firstvhost.mydomain
</VirtualHost>
<VirtualHost *:80>
 ServerName secondvhost.mydomain
</VirtualHost>
Names that aren't an exact for a SeverName or ServerAlias
entry go to the first VirtualHost for the IP:port combination.

However you could solve this particular problem by telling
rt-mailgate to send to the 135.7.16.181 address or name
instead of localhost so apache will match the correct existing
vhost.

---
  Les Mikesell
   les at futuresource.com