[rt-users] RT features and RT database

Carl Makin carl at xena.IPAustralia.gov.au
Tue Aug 10 21:43:31 EDT 2004

Hi Again, :)

See http://wiki.bestpractical.com/index.cgi?Contributions

>3)
>Can a user have multiple e-mail addresses? E.g. an existing user can send
>requests from different e-mail accounts. It could be necessary to collect
>and "bind" e-mail addresses to the same user, to prevent double accounts
>to appear.

No.  There is only 1 email address per user.  You can use the
canonicalise address function in RT_SiteConfig.pm to do simple address
rewriting.  You could also do some magic inside sendmail if you were
desperate.  See http://www.sendmail.org/m4/features.html and the
"genericstable" feature.

>4)
>Good referenses to deal with spam in RT (that would say after externally
>filtered out spam in the e-mail system). A spam e-mail will trigger an
>automatic answer to the sender. That's not preferred.

Have a look at;

http://wiki.bestpractical.com/index.cgi?SpamFiltering

>5)
>Closing requests: is there a soft close/hard close support in RT? A user
>can re-open a case which has been closed with a simple message like:
>"thanks for helping!".

No.  This annoys me a little too but our userbase is moderately small
(100 or so) and so can be trained. :)

Carl.