[rt-users] Restricting a Merge

Tony Bowden rt at tmtm.com
Wed Aug 11 16:53:50 EDT 2004

We have a custom field for Client Name. I'd really like it so that two
tickets can't be merged unless they both have the same value for this
field, as we've had a couple of cases of merging the wrong tickets
accidentally, and this would provide another useful level of sanity
checking on that.

My guess is that I want to write a scrip for this, but I haven't added
anything like this before. Before I get stuck into learning about that,
is that the direction I should be heading in? Is there an example
somewhere that I've missed for doing this sort of thing?

I'm fairly new to adminning an RT set-up: we had Simon around to do this
for us before :)

Thanks,

Tony