[rt-users] Restricting a Merge

Tony Bowden rt at tmtm.com
Thu Aug 12 12:36:13 EDT 2004

On Wed, Aug 11, 2004 at 05:17:15PM -0400, Jesse Vincent wrote:
> Actually, it sounds like you'd want to overlay or Hook::LexWrap
> RT::Ticket_Overlay.pm's
> MergeInto subroutine.
> Precondition/Validation scrips are something I'd love to do, but not
> there yet.

That's one BIG method to overlay.

Is it possible for it to either be split up? Perhaps we could have all
the early checks split out canMergeInto() or somesuch?

I could supply a patch if you want, but it looks like it's just a matter
of extracting everything from
  unless ($self->CurrentUserHasRight('ModifyTicket')
down to the comment about using EffectiveID out.

Of course for extra bonus marks each check would be its own method so that
people can override the behaviour in a much more fine grained manner. :)

Tony