[rt-users] Restricting a Merge

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Sun Aug 15 21:16:22 EDT 2004

-----Original Message-----
    From: "Tony Bowden"<rt at tmtm.com>
    Sent: 8/12/04 5:36:13 PM
    To: "Jesse Vincent"<jesse at bestpractical.com>

    On Wed, Aug 11, 2004 at 05:17:15PM -0400, Jesse Vincent wrote:
    > Actually, it sounds like you'd want to overlay or Hook::LexWrap
    > RT::Ticket_Overlay.pm's
    > MergeInto subroutine.
    > Precondition/Validation scrips are something I'd love to do, but not
    > there yet.

    That's one BIG method to overlay.

Yeah, it could definitely use a bunch of refactoring.  I'll certainly look at a proposed factoring and give commentary

    Of course for extra bonus marks each check would be its own method so that
    people can override the behaviour in a much more fine grained manner. :)

Yeah. That doesn't sound like a bad plan at all, though I start to wonder if there's a better pattern for all this.
Jesse