[rt-users] update all users at once - blank message

Dave Dennis dmd at speakeasy.org
Wed Aug 18 17:28:10 EDT 2004

I'll elaborate my own ticket here.

On my RT3 install, if you update all tickets at once, in a queue where the
following scrip exists:

On Resolve Notify Requestors with template Resolved

and template Resolved has this:

From: RT Ticket Queue <queue at company.com>
Subject: {$Ticket->Subject}

{
 my $resolution_comment;
 my $Transactions = $Ticket->Transactions;
 $Transactions->GotoFirstItem;
 while (my $Transaction = $Transactions->Next) {
   $resolution_comment = $Transaction->Content() if $Transaction->Type eq
'Comment';
 }
 $OUT .= $resolution_comment;
 $OUT;
}

When you "update all tickets at once" to make them "resolved" and put in a
comment, the mail gets sent, but there is no comment received by the Requestor,
just a blank email.

But instead of "update all tickets at once" when the regular ticket update is
used, the comments entered are sent to the Requestor, they don't receive a blank
email.

I prowled the archives hosted at http://gossamer-threads.com/lists/rt but
saw no mention at all of this ... so the prob might be on my local install; any
ideas where to look or what to confirm or change?

thanks!

+ Dave Dennis
+ Seattle, WA
+ dmd at speakeasy.org