[rt-users] Correspondence scrip help

Steve Greenland steveg at lsli.com
Thu Aug 19 13:56:44 EDT 2004

On Thu, Aug 19, 2004 at 08:42:01AM -0700, Jonathan Chen wrote:
> Thanks for your attempted help. It still does not solve the problem
> because on some cases its best to use "comment" resolve instead of
> correspond resolve when dealing with a client.
>
> If someone can give me FAT clue as to how to go about it would be
> great. I would not ask the question on this list if I had any idea of
> how to proceed with problem.

The trouble is that you're dealing with two distinct transactions.
Sounds like your "on resolve" script will need to look at the previous
transaction, and then bail out if that transaction was a "correspond",
but not if it was a "comment". (Nope, don't have the code to do that,
but the http://wiki.bestpractical.com/index.cgi?AddLastCommentToMail
shows how to iterate through transactions...)

Steve

--
"Outlook not so good." That magic 8-ball knows everything! I'll ask
about Exchange Server next.