[rt-users] Logins and Email addresses

Carl Makin carl at xena.IPAustralia.gov.au
Wed Dec 1 18:44:14 EST 2004

Dave Harrison wrote:

>That is the code that I'm using, however because I want RT to be
>pre-primed for the users I'm knocking together a seeder script to pull
>the info I need from the LDAP dir and using it to create User table
>records for each person.

Why are you doing that?  Are you using the $ParseNewMessageForTicketCcs
feature?

>I guess what I needed clarified was that if a user has a given email
>address defined for their account, if RT receives an email from that
>address it recognises that it is from that user.

Yes.  That is exactly what happens here.  The only problem I have is
that I'm using the "$ParseNewMessageForTicketCcs" feature which doesn't
query the LDAP server to map the email address to a userid for email Ccs
when a new email address appears.  I haven't had time to resolve that
one yet.

Carl.