[rt-users] Logins and Email addresses

Dave Harrison David.Harrison at sensorynetworks.com
Wed Dec 1 18:23:52 EST 2004

> >However what I am finding is that people use their LDAP logins to use
> >the web page, but when they reply to a request via email RT adds them
> >another account under the name of their email address.  So people are
> >ending up with two User records in the database.
> >

> I would class this as a real problem.  If you are using the LDAP code from;
>
> http://wiki.bestpractical.com/index.cgi?LdapOverlay
>
> then it should be creating accounts with the email address extracted
> from the LDAP user record.  Is that LDAP email address the same as the
> one they using to email in?

That is the code that I'm using, however because I want RT to be
pre-primed for the users I'm knocking together a seeder script to pull
the info I need from the LDAP dir and using it to create User table
records for each person.

I guess what I needed clarified was that if a user has a given email
address defined for their account, if RT receives an email from that
address it recognises that it is from that user.

IE.
username:joe
email:joe at foo.com

If RT receives an email from 'joe at foo.com' it knows it should relate it
to the account 'joe', as opposed to creating another user entry for
'joe at foo.com' (in addition to the account 'joe')

Is this the case ?