[rt-users] Problems with install (like so many others I bet)

Nathan Poole poole at binary.net
Thu Dec 2 14:59:38 EST 2004

Hello list,

First, my apologies for requesting help with installation, as I'm sure
everything is well documented and it's simply a matter of me overlooking
something.  I will however, give myself the limited credit of knowing the
importance of trying things on your own first.  My issue now is that I've
spent 2 full work days on this, and my boss is looking for a result.
Currently I have nothing.  I wouldn't email if I wasn't desperately looking
for a clue...

I'm going to list my problem here, and my system details below.  Perhaps
this is the same problem everybody has, but I am truly stumped at this
point.

Problem.
-----------

In short, when I goto mydomain.com/rt I'm asked to download the file.  The
index.html which is in /opt/rt3/share/html.  At one point I had the page
displaying properly, but the page was just the meta-refresh which told my
installation was broken and instructed me to setup my apache to handle the
RT::Mason module.  I thought that's what I was doing by following the
installation guide.  To get the page to stop asking me to download, I had to
changed my <Location /> to <Location /opt/rt3/share/html>.  This let the
page display, but got me no closer to the installation.

testdeps passes.  As does the perl loader in "sbin/".  My error log speaks
nothing of missing modules or failed calls to anything related to RT.  It
seems I have my server ready to handle this, but I suppose I"m unsure about
how exactly I do that, and what my next step is--maybe the next step is to
take Friday off and get some whiskey.

Thank you for any suggestions you may have.  If anybody is truly bored and
feels like asking questions and offering advice, work still allows ICQ.  My
number is  198-240-935.  Thanks.

My system...

FreeBSD 5.1
Apache 1.3.31
mod_perl 1.29
Perl 5.8.6
mysql 4.0.17

My httpd.conf entry
-----------------------------

Alias /rt "/opt/rt3/share/html"
AddDefaultCharset UTF-8

   PerlModule Apache::DBI
   PerlRequire /opt/rt3/bin/webmux.pl

   <Location /rt>
       SetHandler perl-script
       PerlHandler RT::Mason
   </Location>

This is inside a previous VirtualHost on that system.